SENIOR DESIGN RESEARCHER m/f
- Studio Stuttgart
- as of now
- at least 4 years' experience
Do you love to explore cultures in order to discover people’s needs?
Do you have a talent for revealing deep user-insights?
Do you see design and innovation opportunities everywhere you look?
– Then join us in our studio in Stuttgart as
SENIOR DESIGN RESEARCHER (m/f)
Who are we?
Phoenix Design is one of the leading independent design studios in the world. More than 750 design awards (1st place – iF Ranking Creative Design Offices) are living testimony to our excellent quality. Our success is mainly based on our exceptional team – our designers, strategists, technologists, and model makers collaborate on projects from various industries: Consumer Electronics, Sanitary Equipment, Medical Technology, Industry and Transportation. With our broad spectrum of international clients, you will be provided with a wide range of development opportunities.
At Phoenix Design we pursue a holistic concept, characterized by a user-oriented and brand-representative design and offer you a career option tailored to meet your personal needs. We are convinced that motivated and highly qualified individuals create great dynamics. Our teams complement each other by following an interdisciplinary approach, creating room for constant evolvement.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Design Researcher you will be responsible for designing, planning, leading, coordinating and conducting a colourful range of design- and innovative research activities – all that as an integral part of our design-teams. From desktop-research to qualitative field research tours, you will use all your capabilities and experience as a researcher to discover those valuable ‘nuggets’ of insights deeply buried somewhere in the many findings you generate during your work. With your talent for identifying and formulating strategic design- and innovation opportunities, you will either lead or support interdisciplinary projects of all kinds. Regardless of whether the task is observing an unboxing-experience or visiting extreme-users in foreign countries for a service-design project – your creativity, critical thinking, verbal acuity and presentation skills will inspire our C-level clients when you present your research-work to innovate their products, services, brands and businesses.
What do we expect from you?
- Academic degree in Product-/Interaction-Design with a focus on design-research or academic degree in relevant social-sciences (e.g. Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Cultural Studies) with a focus on Design- & Innovation
- 4+ years of professional experience, preferably in an international setting and preferably in a design- and innovation environment, as well as experience in qualitative research and ethnographc research
- Solid knowledge of and experience with design- and innovation processes, design-thinking methods and collaboration with product- and interaction designers
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in at least both, English and German, as well as talent for transforming complexity into strong, simple and inspiring messages, visuals and storytelling
- Willingness to travel internationally to conduct field-research, often with clients and other partners
- Keen observation capabilities and empathy paired with outstanding analysis and interpretation skills, as well as broad and comprehensive knowledge about socio-cultural, technology and innovation trends, and capability to explain their relevance in the context of brands and businesses
What can you expect from us?
- Permanent position in an attractive environment
- Freedom to develop yourself professionally
- Further training through workshops and courses as well as trade show and congress attendances
- Regular team events (e.g. skiing, lunch talks, barbecues on our panorama terrace and many more)
- You will be part of a team that doesn’t only emphasize competence but also attaches great value to team spirit and an amicable way of working together
Do you want to become a Phoenix?
Please let us also know the earliest possible date to join our team.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!